Monday, May 23, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

So, I like rain and everything. In fact, I even listen to rain sounds to relax. But enough is enough. Russ, you better be grateful to be in sunny Arizona right now because it is awful up here. We have had maybe five days of decent weather (where I didn't have to wear a jacket) this year. Here are a couple pictures of my jacket after just one bike ride:


I know you mountain bike enthusiasts are saying, "Is that supposed to impress me?" Keep in mind that this was on asphalt over 14 miles. It was annoying, ok? Just trust me, it's not fun to ride on the road when the roads are wet.

But, despite crappy road conditions, lots of traffic lights, and even a couple construction zones, I did 14 miles in almost less than an hour. The exact time it took me was 1 hour, 57 seconds. I would have totally broken the hour mark if there were less stoplights or construction zones.

The reason 14 miles is important is because I am signing up for the Harriman Black Ridge Triathlon. It's a "Sprint" triathlon which means it's shorter than most. The swim is 500 yards, the bike is 14 miles, and the run is 3.1 miles. I think I can handle it. But, I need to get in the pool first to get my feet wet (pun intended!). Any donations for a rec center membership or race registration would be appreciated (yes, I am begging and mooching).

Here's the link:
http://www.racetri.com/

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell what is on your jacket. And that's weird because I was in the room when you were taking the pictures. Is it rain? It kinda looks like barf. And just so you know, I can teach you how to make a link actually link to the webpage if you like. It's very easy. And I am impressed with your times. I don't know anything about good vs. bad times, but yours is probably REALLY good. I love you.

    ReplyDelete