Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ode to LeBron

This post actually has nothing to do with his highness LeBron James, but I did want to make a shout out to him and the Heat for an epic game 5 and series against the Celtics. I think the Celtics were the toughest team the Heat had between them and the ring, but we'll see. The real trash talk will come later if they win it all. Is the Lakers' reign coming to an end? Well, we'll see...

I went biking today. It rained all day except for the hour I was out. It was nice, but hot because I wore a pretty big jacket. I biked a very hilly 10 miles then ran a mile. It was great.

I got an Android-based phone for work, and I downloaded a GPS running/cycling app for it called Endomondo. I haven't used it yet, so I will keep you updated. Evidently, I can update my workouts onto Facebook when I'm done. Don't know if I'll do that. If anyone knows of an app that will update my status whenever I start a workout, so people can leave encouraging comments while I'm out, let me know. It would also be cool if it read the comments to me while I was out.

______________________________________________

Earlier toady, I was having a hard time because of work. I messed something up pretty big yesterday, and although it was an easy mistake to make for a newbie, I still felt awful about it. So, I had a pretty rough day yesterday and earlier today. But, while I was out cycling, I started to feel more and more determined to succeed at my job. When I got home, I was happy and ready to take on whatever will be thrown at me as a consequence of that mistake or any other mistake I will make in the future. Training for this triathlon has helped me gain confidence and determination to succeed. Your support has also helped me in ways you will never realize. I sincerely appreciate all that you readers do for me.

2 comments:

  1. I might have to start working in an exercise time into my schedule when school gets out because you are really motivating me to get out, especially with the weather so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett, you are so hard core to bike and THEN run! I know you'll have to do way more than that for your triathlon, but I'm still really impressed that you're doing that right now. I don't know if I've told you that in person yet. I love you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete