Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Well, I'm back in it! I have set a New Year's resolution (cliche, I know) to run a marathon this year. I found a good training schedule for 6 months that seems like it will work (see below). I started thinking aboutit when my sister, Michele, asked if I wanted to run a half marathon with her in April. I thought about it for a while before saying yes. Since then, I've decided to just run a marathon. I have a whole year, so why not? It will also bring me 1/3 of the way closer to running an Ironman. I'm excited about it.

Today, I went running for about 1 1/2 miles with my family. The girls were really nice the whole time; I was surprised. Kasey did well, too. She wants to run a half marathon. But, man oh man, I felt so, so fat. I was dying the whole time. It is amazing how out of shape I can get in a few months. So, I'm glad I'm getting into it sooner instead of later. Also, my legs got really, really itchy. Does that happen to anyone else?

Here's a copy of my training schedule in case anyone is interested (I got it from in case you can't read it. You can also click on the image to see it bigger: http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/marathon-training-schedule.html):

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Gee! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Garrett! How exciting that you are running a marathon. Yes, I get itchy...and today I was very itchy. For me, it goes away after a week or so of working out. What marathon are you running? What about Kasey? FUN! FUN!

    ReplyDelete